UAN stands for Universal Account Number that allows you to check provident fund balance, know your PF status, withdraw the amount from PF account or get a loan against PF balance.
Because you can change workplaces from one to another, your PF number will change with the company. But your UAN no. will always be the same.
Employees get many benefits from this UAN number. In the past, if an employee changed from one company to another, it would be difficult to transfer the balance from the old account to the new account.
But now it’s easy. To use the members portal, you must first activate your UAN by following some easy and simple steps. Because if you don’t activate the UAN Number then you can’t sign in to the members portal. The following steps are required to activate UAN No.
- Go to Members E-Sewa portal.
- Click on “Activate UAN”
- Fill up the details as required.
- Then you get an authorization pin on your registered mobile no.
- You just enter it on the screen where it is mentioned to enter and click on.
In this way, you can activate your UAN number. Then after 6 hours of activation, you can log in to the members portal to get your UAN card and other details.
Employee provident fund issues a UAN card to all the employees, in which all the information shows the employee details. Now we’ll discuss step by step how to download & print UAN Cards.
How to download UAN Card
For downloading a UAN card you’ll require to follow some easy steps so that you can download it. Here are the steps that are given below.
• Open Portal: All you have to do to get a UAN card is to open the members e-Sewa portal.
Here the link is given below: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
• Login: After opening the members E-Sewa Portal, a login page will open. Here, after giving your UAN no and password, you have to enter the captcha on the screen as it is. Then click on sign in.
• Open home page: After clicking on sign in, the home page will open. Click on view option. After clicking on the view option, many options will open. One of them is the UAN Card option.
• Click on download: After clicking on the UAN Card option, the download option appears on the screen. If you click on it, your UAN card will be downloaded on your device.
I feel the process mentioned above in a stepwise method is easy and you can perform all the steps on your own. In case of any issues in following the steps correctly, or if you think that some of the steps are difficult to follow, then please write in the comments section along with the issue that you are facing.
How to Print UAN Card
Printing a UAN card is an easy task.
• To do this, after you follow all the steps to download the UAN card.
• Open the file in which the UAN card will be downloaded.
• Open the soft copy of the UAN card.
• Then open the print option and click on it to print your UAN card.
So, downloading and printing a UAN card is very easy. If you follow the above process in a step-by-step method, then you will easily get a UAN card.