Before we start any further let’s discuss what an Email or electronic mail is (electronic mail is the full form of an email). It is a type of message that contains text, URL, and many different types of attachments like images, pdf, PowerPoint, word file and many more.
Many of us receive junk, spam and unwanted messages which annoys us a lot. It is easier to block unwanted messages that we receive on social media platforms like Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook and more.
But many of us don’t know how to block emails on Gmail. Isn’t that true? If you are also someone who is receiving unwanted messages daily and want to block them from annoying you on Gmail then we are here to help you.
Yes, we have brought you ways in which you can easily block emails by following the steps given below.
How can you block an email address on Gmail using a computer?
If there is any email address who is sending you unnecessary emails that disturbs you, then would you want to get rid of it? Once you learn to block it the messages sent by the sender will automatically go to the spam box and you will no longer feel disturbed. So follow the steps given below to block an email address on Gmail.
- First, you need to go to the Gmail website.
- Then you need to sign in with your account there
- Then you need to search an email received by the Gmail account that you want to block.
- Then you have to click on the 3 dots More button which is on the top right corner of the email.
- Then you have to select the block option there to block the same.
Following these simple steps will help you to block the email address that has been sending unwanted messages to you. Besides that, if you want to unblock someone you have to follow the same step as shown above. In the end, you will be asked if you want to unblock them, as opposed to blocking them.
How to block emails on Gmail using android mobile?
Gmail is one of the most used applications for email. To block emails on Gmail using android is similar to the previous steps. To block email on Gmail you need to follow the steps given below
- First, you need to open the Gmail application on your android mobile
- Then you need to log in your Gmail Email Id there
- Then you need to search for the email address you would want to block
- Once you open the message you will see 3 dots more option on the top right corner of the tab
- Once you tap on the 3 dots more option on the top right corner you will find options such as Reply All, Forward, Star message, print, mark as unread and block [name of the sender] appearing there.
- Now all you need to do is click on the Block ( name of the sender ) option.
- Once you block the sender you will see a window appearing on the screen stating ” Be careful with this message, You blocked ( Email Address)”.
This is how you will block the sender on Gmail using your android phone. To unblock you need to follow the same steps.
But after clicking the 3 dots more icon you will find the unblock option instead of block. You need to click on the unblock option and the sender will be unblocked.
How to block emails on Gmail using iPhone?
In order to block emails on Gmail using iPhone you need to follow the steps given below
- First, you need to open the Gmail app and log in to your account.
- Then you need to open the message of the sender you would want to block.
- When you open the message you will find a 3 dot more options icon on the right top corner of the page.
- Then you need to click on the 3 dots more options icon and you will find options like forward, reply all, mark as read, block options appearing.
- Click on the block option and you will see the email address is blocked.
In conclusion, by following the above steps you can easily block the emails on Gmail. Thank you.