Gigi Hadid – An American model who rose into fame from the year 2014 and has since made over 35 appearances on the front page of ‘Vogue’.
Gigi Hadid is an American model who was born on 23 April, 1995 in Los Angeles, California to mother, Yolanda Hadid who was a supermodel herself and to father, Mohamed Hadid who is a real estate developer. She is said to have descended from Daher Al Omer, the autonomous Arab ruler of northern Palestine during the mid-18th century. She was born and raised alongside a sister, Bella Hadid and a brother, Anwar Hadid who are both models. Besides this, she is currently 25 years old with the zodiac sign of Taurus.
Nationality and Physical Stats
Gigi Hadid holds an American nationality and descends from Arab Palestinian ancestry through her father and Dutch ancestry through her mother. She is a Muslim and practices the Islamic religion. Besides this, she stands in at a height of 5 feet and 10 inches (1.78m/178cms) tall and weighs around 54kgs (119lbs). She has a slim body figure with a pair of hazel blue green eyes and blonde hair.
Gigi Hadid completed her high school from the Malibu High School, a public secondary school located in Malibu, California where she also led the volleyball team and was also an active horseback rider. Later, she studied criminal psychology at The New School, a private research university located in New York City but discontinued her studies to dedicate her time in modelling.
Gigi Hadid was involved in a relationship with Cody Simpson, an Australian singer and songwriter from the year 2013 to the year 2015. Since then, she has been in a relationship with the English singer and songwriter, Zayn Malik. She recently gave birth to their daughter in the month of September in the year 2020. She also appeared in numerous music videos for her former boyfriend Cody Simpson and her current boyfriend Zayn Malik.
Gigi Hadid debuted as a model when she was just two years old. She modelled for Guess and was discovered by Paul Marciano. She returned to schooling and then turned into modelling in the year 2011 and her professional career as a model started ever since. She received her breakthrough moment when she landed on the cover page of the Carine Roitfeld Fashion Book magazine in the year 2014. Since then, she has appeared in numerous fashion events like the 2014 Tom Ford’s eyewear campaign where she starred alongside Patrick Schwarzenegger, a model and an actor. The same year, she landed on the front page of Galore magazine and also starred in Tom Ford’s Velvet Orchard Fragrance and Tom Ford’s Beauty.
Gigi Hadid also appeared in the Pirelli Calendar of the year 2015 and was also the brand ambassador of Seafolly, an Australian fashion swimwear and Maybelline, an American multinational cosmetics company. Since then, she has also appeared for numerous designers like Marc Jacobs, Chanel, Max Mara and Michael Kors. She has also shot for magazines like VMAN, Elle, Cleo, Sports Illustrated and Vogue. She has also been a part of the campaigns of brands like Guess, Versace, Penshoppe and Balmain, Fendi, Fenty x Puma and Tommy Hilfiger.
Film and Television
Gigi Hadid made her debut on television with the role of Andrea in the 2012 short movie, ‘Virgin Eyes’. Since then, she has appeared as herself in reality shows like ‘MasterChef’ in 2016, ‘Ocean’s 8’ in 2018 and ‘Beat Bobby Flay’ in the year 2020.
Gigi Hadid has made numerous appearances on music videos including Taylor Swift’s ‘Bad Blood’ in the year 2015, Cody Simpson’s ‘Flower’ and ‘Surfboard’ in the year 2015 and 2014 respectively and Zayn Malik’s ‘Pillowtalk’ in the year 2016.
Gigi Hadid won the First Annual Fashion Los Angeles Awards’ Model of the Year award in the year 2015 and TRL Awards’ Best Look award and British Fashion Awards’ International Model of the Year award in the year 2016. She has also won the Third Annual Fashion Los Angeles Awards’ Best Design Debut award in the year 2017 and the Teen Choice Awards’ Choice Model award in the year 2018.
Some Interesting Facts About Gigi Hadid
- Gigi Hadid’s actual name is Jelena Noura Hadid. The name Gigi is actually her nickname given to her by her mother.
- Gigi Hadid has earned a lot of fame as a model but did you know that her mother, Yolanda Hadid is also a famous model and so is her siblings, Bella Hadid and Anwar Hadid.
- Gigi Hadid’s modelling career began when she was just 2 years old. Now that is certainly something not much people has done.
- Gigi Hadid was initially planning to pursue a career in Criminal Psychology. According to her Instagram story, she would have stuck to her college courses of the subject had she not become a supermodel.
- Gigi Hadid won the hearts of the audience with her modelling but also with her food. Yes, Gigi Hadid is interested in cooking and has also impressed the blunt and the angry Gordon Ramsay in an episode of ‘Celebrity Masterchef’.
- Gigi Hadid is also interested in playing volleyball and is also good at the sport. She also gets her everyday workout from boxing.
- Gigi Hadid and her boyfriend Zayn Malik admitted that they believe that aliens exist! Spooky…
- Gigi Hadid has over 62.4 million followers on Instagram (@gigihadid), over 9.9 million followers on Twitter (@GiGiHadid) and over 4.5 million followers on Facebook (@officialgigihadid) with well over 4.4 million likes.
- Gigi Hadid has an estimated net worth of around $29 million.
- Gigi Hadid has made a total of 35 appearances on the front page of the American monthly fashion and lifestyle magazine, ‘Vogue’.