It is essential to know the right resources and guidance before you appear for the IELTS exam to help you come up with an effective plan.
If you have a proper plan towards the IELTS preparation, then you can save your time, money and energy to ensure that you get the desired score.
In this article, you will find a step-by-step approach to IELTS preparation and an in-depth understanding of the exam with simple IELTS tips and strategy.
How to make IELTS preparation easy?
Many students have a fear to appear for the IELTS exam. There is a lot of pressure to get it right the first time because IELTS may take months or years of hard work and a significant amount in tuition and test fees.
1. General Training Vs Academic: Compare both the types of IELTS exams and know what is your requirements. Clear your doubts before appearing for the exam and prepare yourself with the best resources.
2. Test Format: It is essential to know the format of all the four components of the IELTS exam. It will take you one step closer to your dreams.
- IELTS Listening: Around 30 minutes; 4 Sections; 40 Questions
- IELTS Reading: 60 Minutes; 3 Sections; 40 Questions
- IELTS Speaking: 11-14 Minutes; 3 Parts; Live Speaking
- IELTS Writing: 60 Minutes; IELTS Writing Task 1 & IELTS Writing Task 2
3. Set Realistic Goals: Know the difference between the score you want and the score you will get. Your best preparation will ensure that you get the best score of your capability but never depend on any miracles.
4. Understand the Type of Questions: You will find more than ten types of questions for Reading, Writing and Listening. Each of them will require a different strategy and knowing them will add a huge advantage in your IELTS preparation.
5. Sharpen Your IELTS Skills: There are many strategies and approaches you will need to get the desired score in IELTS. Practice as much as you can to improve yourself every time with some great strategy.
6. Improve Your Vocabulary: Vocabulary is an essential part of the IELTS exam. It contributes 25% of the total marks in the IELTS Speaking and IELTS Writing exam. It will also help you in the listening and reading exams.
7. Practice English Every Day: This is the best way to achieve the desired in IELTS. Please don’t go for boring IELTS tests; try to find something that you enjoy doing in English and then work on it regularly. The more you will practice, the more your skills will improve, and the higher the chance you will have of getting the desired score.
8. Practice Tests: IELTS Tutorials offers 20+ Free IELTS Mock tests to sharpen your skills and to make you familiarise with the test and question format. You can avail the free tests with secure signup.
9. Evaluation Service: Get your writing sample evaluated with IELTS Writing Correction Service to assess your writing skills. The expert will review your sample and guide you on your strengths and weaknesses. They will also give you a handful of tips to improve your writing skills.
If you don’t know your weaknesses; it would be not very easy for you to improve your skills. You must focus on the topics where you are lacking and try to improve them with proper guidance.
How to know that you are ready for the IELTS exam?
It’s a terrible idea to give an exam before you are prepared, and therefore you should know that you are ready for the IELTS exam or not.
Start giving mock tests very often to know the consistency of getting the score that you need in practice. Once you are satisfied with your performance in the mock tests, you can surely appear for the IELTS exam.
Now, as you know how to start the preparation for the exam; you are highly recommended to start it from today itself. Go through the website of IELTS Tutorials by Aussizz Group to get more in-depth knowledge of the IELTS exam.
You can avail of the evaluation service through the IELTS Writing App offered by IELTS Tutorials. Also, avail additional benefits of the app to improve your writing skills. For more such content, visit the website and also sign up for IELTS practice test online to improve your skills and to achieve the desired band score.