If you take a look at mankind’s technical progress the last couple of centuries, you would notice a sudden huge spike as we ended WWII. The 1950s onwards saw the emergence of digital technology and that was a game-changer. Who would have thought that using ones and zeros would be a great way to transmit data? As technology is constantly being developed and improved, this brings some major benefits to society and, of course, businesses.
Here are just some of the ways that hi-tech products and systems are forever changing the business arena.
- Video Calls – In only a couple of decades, VoIP communication platforms offer us real-time video conferencing and with a broadband connection, you can enjoy clear video and sound with someone on the other side of the world. The pandemic forced many businesses to offer their products and services online and video calls enable teams to collaborate from multiple locations; you could have a virtual meeting with people from Asia, Australia, Europe and here in the US, in real time and have the use of a virtual whiteboard, file sharing and the ability to update online data. If you approach a leading US SEO agency such as kingkong.co they can handle your digital marketing as well as setting up a secure cloud network for your business communication.
- Mobile Apps – The mobile app revolutionized our world and a visit to Playstore enables you to browse the thousands of mobile apps for a wide range of things. From a business perspective, the mobile app empowers you to deliver rich content directly to your customer’s mobile device and if you have not yet thought about creating your own mobile app, this is a very effective way to communicate with your customers. Talk to a leading app developer who can turn your concept into a working digital platform that offers both you and your clients a range of benefits.
- Clean & Renewable Energy – Both solar and wind turbines are being used to good effect and we are well on our way to saying goodbye to fossil fuels once and for all. This might take a few years, although many businesses now get their energy from clean and renewable sources, while US homeowners are now making the switch to solar power. This takes the pressure off the fossil fuel burning power stations, which will hopefully lead to their closure, something that is long overdue.
- Electric Vehicles – The end game is driverless EVs that are controlled by AI, using the Internet of Things (IoT) and in theory, there will be no traffic accidents. This will also greatly reduce air pollution, another thing that is well overdue and with charging stations replacing gas station, the world will be a cleaner place for all living things. The EV industry is growing exponentially and with attractive tax breaks, motorists are making the switch to hybrid and often electric vehicle.
- 3D Printing – Still in its infancy, 3D printing will radically change the manufacturing industry; you can buy small home units that bring the manufacturing process directly to the end user and with larger commercial 3D printers are now emerging, factories will be replaced by 3D printing stores in our shopping malls and on the streets. Precision components can be made from composite materials and with the right computer file, you can print anything you want.
- Online Global Translation – Language need no longer be an issue with on-demand remote translation; the provider would offer more than 500 language pairs and a qualified translator can be patched into your video meeting and translate in real time. The smart entrepreneur realizes the value of such services and after a quick registration, you can book your translator via the provider’s website and you are only billed for the service you use. This on-demand service is seamless and whatever your translation needs, help is at hand; they can translate remotely in real-time, create subtitles and audio tracks for video and even create local language content. All it takes to source such a provider is a Google search and you will be surprised at how affordable the services are.
- Artificial Intelligence – We are taking great strides with machine learning and AI will play an important role in the next stage of digital development. Some tech gurus think there is unlimited potential with AI, which can benefit every industry and with the coming arrival of the Internet of Things, who knows what we will be capable of! The IoT is a platform for all digital devices to communicate with each other and this platform will be managed by AI systems.
- Delivering Virtual Services – There are quite a few sectors that make the best use of the Internet by delivering their services via video calls; consultants, doctors, physios and counsellors all offer virtual appointments. Using VoIP systems has enabled many businesses to continue to provide their services, which is extremely useful during the pandemic, as it eliminates human contact.
- GPS Tracking – When you order products online, you can track the consignment via the logistic company’s website. Managers can easily monitor their fleet of delivery trucks and plan the most efficient route for delivery runs, while monitoring the vehicle’s speed and location from a central control interface. Google Maps is another life-changing solution that enables people to work out the best route for their journey and getting lost is a thing of the past. GPS tracking enables logistics companies to manage consignments, which is great for both business owner and customer alike.
There are customized business software packages that streamline your business processes and you can search online for specific business software and as we move into the 5G era with the Internet of Things, the future of digital technology is certainly looking rosy.