Your business’s floors take a beating. Day in and day out, they’re subject to heavy foot traffic, dropped items, spills, and much more abuse daily. Over time, this takes a severe toll on your floors, leaving them stained, cracked, and needing repair. You can’t protect your floors 24/7, but you can give them a fighting chance with commercial concrete floor coatings.
What Are The Different Commercial Concrete Floor Coatings?
Several types of commercial concrete floor coatings are available on the market. They include:
- Epoxy – This plastic resin is applied in two or three coats. It dries to a hard, durable finish lasting many years. Epoxy is available in a wide range of colors and can even create patterns on your floors. It’s common in garages, industrial settings, and other high-traffic areas.
- Urethane – This type of coating is similar to epoxy but is more elastic, making it ideal for floors that will see a lot of movement, such as in warehouses. It has a shorter lifespan than epoxy but is still much more durable than bare concrete.
- Polyurea – This coating is similar to urethane but dries even harder, making it an excellent choice for high-traffic areas. The downside is that it’s challenging to apply and isn’t as flexible as urethane, so it’s not ideal for floors with a lot of movement.
These are the most common commercial concrete floor coatings, but many more options are available. The best way to decide which coating suits your business is to consult a professional.
What Are The Benefits of Concrete Floor Coatings?
There are several benefits to using commercial concrete floor coatings, including:
The most apparent benefit of floor coatings is their protection. You can significantly extend your floors’ life by creating a barrier between your floors and the elements.
Besides protecting your floors, commercial concrete floor coatings can also improve their appearance. Whether you want a sleek, modern look or something more traditional, there’s an epoxy to suit your needs. Many businesses choose epoxy for its wide range of color choices and the ability to create patterns.
Another vital benefit of floor coatings is safety. Many layers are slip-resistant, which can prevent accidents in your business. Epoxy is also resistant to many chemicals, making it ideal for companies that use them.
There are many other benefits to using commercial concrete floor coatings. If you’re considering them for your business, be sure to consult with a professional to find the best option for your needs.
How Long Does It Take For Commercial Concrete Floor Coatings To Cure?
One of the most common questions about commercial concrete floor coatings is how long they take to cure. The answer depends on the type of coating you choose.
- Epoxy coatings take about 24 hours to cure fully. However, they reach a partial cure in just a few hours when they’re ready for foot traffic.
- Urethane coatings take longer to cure than epoxy, typically around 48 hours. However, they also reach a partial cure faster than epoxy in just a few hours.
- Polyurea coatings take the longest to cure, around 72 hours. However, they can also support foot traffic just a few hours after application.
Protect your investment by giving your floors the coating they need to withstand daily wear and tear. Commercial concrete floor coatings are an excellent way to do this, offering many benefits and a wide range of choices to suit your business’ needs.