In an era when businesses are experimenting with different avenues to expand their audience base, a mobile app is a must-have. These days, a hybrid application is a popular choice for many as it allows businesses to reach both Android and iOS users without putting an extra effort.
The framework you choose for hybrid app development bears a crucial impact on the performance of the app. Today, we will explore the most popular hybrid app frameworks that have earned developers’ favour worldwide.
Top 6 Hybrid App Development Frameworks
Ionic is an open-source SDK (Software Development Kit) used for hybrid app development. The HTML5 framework is designed with native-style UI elements. Ionic has several advanced features including mobile components, typography, interactive paradigms, and an extensible base theme.
- It powers highly scalable app development
- Support for Angular material design
- Easily maintainable
- Easy to read
- Powerful extensions
It is Google’s open-source UI toolkit that enables the developers to craft highly advanced hybrid apps. The open-source platform has several advantages like smart architecture, less coding, foundation libraries, widgets, etc.
- Its Dart programming language allows the developers to use just-in-time compilation that accelerates development workflow.
- Its wide suite of widgets can be customized as per the app requirement
- It is perfect for an MVP development
- Easy to use interface
- A single codebase that can be reused for different native platforms
- It offers multiple tools for automation
- Simplified UI
- It has live and hot reloading feature that enables the coders to view and modify codes without recompiling the codes every time.
- Its modular architecture paves way for a hassle-free development and bug fixation.
- Developers can extend the functionalities by adding native plugins.
- It doesn’t require multi-platform validation that enables the developers to provide mobile app development services within a quick turnaround time.
As an open-source framework, Xamarin has a rich community with over 1.4 million developers. It is used by leading enterprises across the world for crafting scalable hybrid apps.
- Its reusable codes can be used for both iOS and Android platforms.
- Easy debugging on applications
- Microsoft offers major technical supporting tools for Xamarin.
It is a veteran technology in the framework market. It has undergone an extensive transformation over the years. The lightweight framework ensures an optimized speed.
- It includes ThemeRoller for creating various custom themes.
- Easy development phase
- Stable environment
Hybrid app development has witnessed a massive increase over the past few years. Instead of crafting native apps to reach either iOS or Android userbase, enterprises prefer to hire hybrid app developers and reach a wide audience available on both platforms. The frameworks we listed here have received immense popularity among the developers. Found the article informative? Feel free to share your thoughts.