In this era, Facebook is the most commonly used social networking app. Over 2.7 billion users are active on Facebook as per the data of 2020. Facebook allows users to sign up for free, to connect with friends, family, colleagues, or even with the people they don’t know, online.
You can share photos, videos, music, documents as well as your thoughts and views on Facebook. The purpose of Facebook is to make the world more open and connected.
There are endless numbers of people with endless numbers of names on Facebook. Sometimes, you may want to change your name on Facebook for many reasons. There are times when you decide to be professional, so you need to change the name and other details. Sometimes, you business might need to change the firm name, in that case you need to change the name to be recognised correctly. Some of the other conditions can vary like you want to use your real name instead of your nickname, you want to add your spouse’s surname, you want to use your professional name, etc.
Here is the guide to change your name on Facebook:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone or go through the Facebook homepage on your laptop.
- Login to your Facebook account with your username and password.
- Click the three lines on the bottom side of your phone or click the icon in the top-right corner of the Facebook page, if you are using a laptop.
- There you will find the “Settings” option, tap it or click it and you will reach “General Account Settings” and then select the Name option.
- Now you can change your first name, middle name, or last name.
Revise the new name you wish to use. You can also add an alternate name to your account ( say nickname, maiden name, etc ).
- If you want to change your username also then write your new username in the username column.
- Once you are done, select “Review change.” If you are satisfied with the preview then enter your Password and select the “Save Changes” button.
Now, wait for 24 hours for the pertinent name changes to take effect. If you have added your alternate name then it will appear below your actual name at the top of your profile.
Important Note :
- Do not use any fake name, Facebook does not allow the use of pseudonym names.
- You are not allowed to use numbers, symbols, inappropriate words, certain characters, punctuation marks, phrases, and titles of any kind.
- Changing the Facebook name will not customize anything else about your account. It will not remove any preceding tags applied to your previous name.
- You are not allowed to change your name often, especially when you have changed it recently. Facebook allows you to change your name in 60 days. If you change your name too frequently then waiting time can extend to 120 days.
Hopefully, this article will help you to change your name on Facebook and username too. You can also add an alternate name to your account.
Must keep in mind that you cannot change your name before 60 day period once you changed it. So be sure before making any changes.